I’ve decided to take on the endeavor of making my youngest, Alyssa’s, scrapbook and for some reason I am hoping to finish or at least catch up by the time of her first birthday, which is less than a month away.

I KNOW!!

So, here are some of my recent pages I’ve been working on. While finishing up by her birthday is a formidable challenge, I’m already aware of the fact that I won’t finish in time. I’m currently setting up a scrapbooking schedule for myself, where I devote a couple of hours at least two days a week to get some stuff done.  While I love the look of a scrapbook, and I have all the tools for it, I just can’t find the time!

Anyway, here are some of my first pages:

IMG_0246[1]

This page is a couple of pictures from two pregnancy tests that I took when I found out I may be pregnant.  I was uncertain of whether it was a plus or minus, because the plus was so faint. I thought maybe my mind was playing tricks on me!

IMG_0249[1]

What better way to display black and white ultrasound pictures than making a mock film strip? At least that is what I thought when I conceptualized it in my head, lol.  So with this, I took black cardstock cut into strips, and used my Zutter bind it all to make the holes. I mounted each ultrasound picture on white cardstock to give it that pop out the page.  I used my New Arrival Cartridge to cut the It’s a Girl, and added a rhinestone in the center of the flower.  This is one of my favorite pages!

IMG_0267[1]

These two pages documented my growing belly. I don’t remember which cartridge I used for the scallop, but I did it fit to page, and added Mommy’s Belly with a pregnant lady silhouette from New Arrival also.  I used my Cuttlebug to die cut the months and place them in smaller scallops. I also cut rounded squares to add a shadow affect behind the pictures and embossed them with the Cuttlebug.

IMG_0268[1]IMG_0269[1] 

Lastly, another page, was her birth page.  I found these really cute clear stamps that I used for the circles and mounted them on that same scallop cut who’s origin I can’t recall (LOL). When I adhered the top picture, I did not put any glue in the middle to make it like a pocket, so I could insert all those hospital bracelets we had a keepsakes. I hate to throw those things away, but really, what could you do with them??

IMG_0275[1]

Anyway, thanks for looking!  I’ll try to update some more pages as I get them finished! Hopefully they inspire you and if you use anything as inspiration, please share!

Samantha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home