My husband never asks me to make him cards.  I guess he’d been seeing stuff I was playing around with and decided to ask me today OR maybe he thought it was time he put my investment (or should I saw “his” investment) to good use! So he asks me to make his grandmother a card. 

Can I be honest? I loved that he asked me to make a card for him!  I feel like he takes my hobby/passion seriously!  And obviously, he thinks I have some talent in order to trust me to make his grandmother a card.  Now some background…he hasn’t given his grandmother a card OR a present for her birthday in years.  So I knew it needed to be a good one!

So thanks to my YouTube obsession, I had been practicing with layering different sizes of flowers cut with the George Cartridge and balling them up in my fist to make them “ruffle”. This was the base of my card.  I also used Everyday Paper Dolls to cut a gorgeous butterfly.  I cut four up, and folded them in half and glued each one together on its side until I had it glued around, and then was able to make it pop out.  Here is the end result below:

IMG_0448[1]

I used a stamp for the sentiment. It had balloons around the wording, but I used my stamping markers just to color the wording part, and stamped that on an oval, cut out from the George cartridge.  I used some ribbon to thread through to and mounted all on brown cardstock.  I used the letter “J” on the George once again for my stems and cut out leaves from Plantin Schoolbook. I added some glitter to the butterfly and again, had it popping out of the card to make it 3d-ish. I held down all my different flower cutouts with a gemstone brad. Some other views are below:

IMG_0449[1]

IMG_0447[1]

I don’t remember the dimensions for all the flowers, it was really a trial and error with the layers.  I suggest playing around by cutting one large flower several times, and decreasing the size by 1/4” each time.

I think it came out really nice, I almost didn’t want to send it to her!  Lately, that has been my problem, I’ll make cute cards, but decide not to send them out because they were too cute, lol.  My husband really liked the end result, and even remarked that he didn’t know it would come out “that nice”. 

Next time, maybe I’ll cuttlebug the brown cardstock to give it some texture.  I’m still learning how to incorporate it in the things I’ve been working on. Thanks for looking!

Samantha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Newer Post Older Post Home