For my son’s “bestie”  (best friend) birthday, I created him a Dinosaur birthday card using Paper Doll Dress Up.  I really like the dinosaurs on the cartridge, but never knew how to use them.  I figured the wording “dino-mite” called for the use of a dinosaur, so when I realized I could use that wording for the sentiment, I ran with it!

IMG_0648[1]

I cut the dinosaur out in green, but to give it some color, I chalked his outside ridges with a darker green.  I drew in the lines that the Cricut so graciously cut for me, so that he’d look like a real dinosaur, and not just a cut out.  I used glitter paper, and cut it, and used coordinating blue paper a little larger to mount it on, and then mounted it all on a white 5 x 7 card. He was turning five, which for these little ones is a big deal, so I cut out the number five using Plantin School Book, and the circle to surround it and then the scallop (again, I forget which cartridge that one comes from).  Added green ribbon and stapled it on there; I love using staples! It’s like a different type of embellishment that is CHEAP! LOL.

Some other views are below:

IMG_0652[1]I placed the dinosaur and the five medallion on pop dots to add dimension. I think it was a big hit, I know his mom loved it!

I topped it off with a personalized envelope:

IMG_0653[1]

Thanks for looking!

Samantha

0 Comments:

Post a Comment



Older Post Home